The Court Reporting Institute is proud to offer our students the opportunity to achieve their Associate of Occupational Studies degree in Court Reporting 100% online! The online court reporting program is designed to mirror the on-ground program. Instruction in the online program involves a combination of real-time and self-paced learning activities conducted over the Internet.
All of the online classes will be delivered and conducted in a suitable online delivery platform. Students interested in online education should have a high degree of self-discipline, be committed to a significant amount of coursework on a weekly basis and possess good computer, keyboarding and writing skills. Students in the online full-time court reporting program are expected to be “in-class” working in their online course sites for a minimum of 26 hours per week and students in the online part-time court reporting program are expected to be “in-class” working in their online course sites for a minimum of 15 1/2 hours per week. Individual class schedules may vary.
Online Court Reporting Program Technology Requirements
To be considered for enrollment in the college’s online court reporting program, students must certify that they possess the following minimum technology requirements:
- Personal computer or laptop with Pentium 4 or higher processor
- Minimum of 1GB RAM
- Minimum 40 GB hard drive
- Monitor, printer, keyboard, mouse
- Two available USB ports
- Operating system (Windows XP, 2000, or Vista)
- Sound card and speakers
- CD ROM drive(s)
- Video graphics accelerator card
- Java, Flash and cookies-enabled internet browser such as Microsoft
Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (AOL and WebTV browsers are not supported and cannot be used to access courses)
- Cable, DSL, or other high speed internet connection (AOL and WebTV browsers are not supported and cannot be used to access courses)